According to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), there has been a 20% surge in the number of discrimination charges reported from 2021 to 2022. Despite all the efforts to eradicate discrimination in the workplace, a significant amount of charges continue to be reported to the EEOC. As a result, it is crucial that our society has more employment law attorneys who can legally advocate for victims of workplace discrimination.
Unfortunately, many students are discouraged from pursuing a profession that would allow them to serve as legal advocates for these victims due to law school’s high expenses. The good news is that students are able to alleviate the financial burden of law school by participating in individual scholarship programs. The employment law team at King & Siegel LLP is proud to offer a scholarship program that rewards exceptional students who plan to work in the employment law field and can demonstrate academic excellence, leadership skills, and community involvement.
The scholarship winner will be selected by November 15th, 2023, and will be awarded $1,000. All applications must be submitted no later than October 31st, 2023.
Who Can Apply
- Applicants must be of Latino or Hispanic heritage, either by birth or descent.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in or accepted into an accredited law school.
How to Apply
- Click here to apply
- You will be asked to provide the following information:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Name of the law school you are or will be attending
- Proof of attendance or acceptance
- Write a 500 word essay about “How will you use your law degree to fight for employees’ rights?” and submit it in your application form.