Los Angeles Employment Law Attorneys
Fighting for Those Who Have Been Wronged in the Workplace Throughout California
At King & Siegel LLP, we use our superior legal skills and knowledge to enforce the rights of the clients we serve. Everyone should be free to make a living free from discrimination, harassment, and wage theft. Our talented lawyers graduated from the top five law schools, including Harvard, Columbia, and NYU, and trained at the country’s biggest and best litigation firms. Our legal team proudly provides clients with strategic, personalized legal services tailored to meet the unique needs of their cases.
After working as corporate litigators, our founders started King & Siegel because we believe that the same aggressive, skilled, and passionate litigation tactics used by the country’s biggest companies could and should be available to workers and consumers in their most critical legal moments—when you have been betrayed by the institutions you rely on for your job and economic stability. So if you have been harassed, assaulted, demoted, fired, defrauded, or exploited, we encourage you to contact our professional and compassionate legal team in Los Angeles for a free case review.
What Laws Protect Employees in Los Angeles?
Numerous federal and state laws protect workers in California. Federal laws that protect employees include:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA),
- Title VII for workplace discrimination,
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA),
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA),
- Wage and hour laws,
- Whistleblower and retaliation laws,
- National Labor Relations (NLRA),
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN), and
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- California’s state employment laws give employees numerous rights, and employers cannot discriminate against protected classes or retaliate against you for reporting workplace harassment. For example, the California Fair Employment and Housing Act makes it illegal for employers with five or more employees to discriminate against job applicants and existing employees because they are members of a protected class. Examples of protected classes include gender, sex, pregnancy status, race, age, and disability status. California also has the California Family Rights Act (CFRA), which requires employers to give employees leave for their own serious health condition, for a family member’s serious health condition, or for the birth of their child without fear of losing their job. Workers who have been employed for at least a year and worked 1,250 hours are entitled to up to 12 weeks of job-protected leave under CFRA.
- Employment laws in California are updated regularly. In recent years, California has introduced more employee protections, including:
- Requiring companies to reclassify hundreds of thousands of workers wrongfully labeled as independent contractors,
- Prohibiting companies from discriminating based on a person’s hairstyle,
- Permitting first responders to receive workers’ compensation benefits for post-traumatic stress disorder, and
- Instituting new job equality and minimum wage guidelines.
Types of Employment Law Claims
We understand the unique challenges you face when pursuing a claim against your employer. We are here to fight for you and tip the legal scales in your favor. We aren’t afraid to go up against unscrupulous companies, no matter how big or small your employer is. We can represent you in a variety of cases, including:
- Wrongful termination,
- Workplace retaliation,
- Whistleblower retaliation,
- Workplace harassment,
- Workplace discrimination,
- Unpaid wage claims, and
- Leave of absence.
Contact us immediately if you think your employer has violated any federal, state, or local employment laws. Let us review your case and help you determine your next steps.
Going up against your employer can be scary. Choosing the right employment law attorney is crucial. Not all law firms focus on employment law rights or have the resources and expertise to help you get the justice you deserve. King & Siegel LLP is here to help. Our team knows what’s at stake. We have a proven record of success handling the toughest employment law cases. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients, including class action settlements. If your employer has violated employment laws once, there’s always a chance they’ve done it before. By coming forward and sharing your story, you may uncover a pattern of behavior that opens the door to a class action lawsuit.
Areas of Practice
Making Your Voice Heard by Fighting for Accountability
Top California Employment Law Attorneys Fighting for You
Standing Up for Your Rights at Work
We take your case personally. We enforce your right to make a living free from discrimination, harassment, and wage theft. Whether you know you've been wronged or you just want to understand your rights, we provide free, 30-minute consultations. How an Attorney Can Help When you retain an employment law attorney at King & Siegel LLP, we will protect your rights and help you fight your employer for compensation and other damages. Employment law cases are rarely straightforward, no matter how much evidence you think you have. We start by conducting a thorough investigation. If necessary, we speak to witnesses and preserve their testimony should your case go to trial. We will gather documentation, records, and evidence that support your case. You don’t need to worry about missing important deadlines when you hire an employment law attorney. We ensure all legal deadlines are met so your case can move forward. However, if you wait to hire an attorney later in the claims process and some crucial deadlines have already passed, we will still do our best to help you. Don’t jeopardize your case by failing to contact an attorney right away. Your attorney will be there with you every step of the way and walk you through the legal process. We understand how serious and stressful employment law cases are. Too many times, employers take advantage of workers or fail to follow federal and state employment laws. In some instances, it might be oversight or accidental. However, some employers purposely push boundaries or hope employees are unaware of their rights. We can help you exercise your rights and hold your employer accountable.Tell Us Your Story
What Our Clients Say About Working With Us
I couldn't have asked for a better law firm or attorneys. “I was very lucky to have found Julian. Her and her team when above and beyond with my case. They were very efficient and easy to work with. My opinions were always heard and the process was always ...Alma F.
Everyone at this firm was so helpful, supportive, and nice. The settlement I got changed my life and working with them was as good as a lawsuit could possibly be. I am so glad I found them for my wrongful termination suit.Evelyn A.
Why Choose Us
Our Clients Always Come First
At King & Siegel LLP, our legal professionals understand that litigation is a new and daunting experience for most of our clients. Maybe you are afraid to speak up because of the professional consequences. Maybe you are afraid of testifying or concerned about intrusion into your personal history. We are here to guide you through the process and to take the stress off you. Do not be afraid. We have walked clients through these experiences hundreds of times and have learned that preparation, planning, and clear and honest communication with our clients lead to the strongest results. This is why we strive to be approachable and easy to talk to so that you feel comfortable coming to us whenever you need legal guidance.
We Are Passionate About What We Do
We started King & Siegel because we believe that the same aggressive, skilled, and passionate litigation tactics we learned at big firms could and should be available to workers and consumers in their most critical legal moments—when you are harassed, assaulted, demoted, fired, defrauded, or exploited by the institutions you rely on.
Free, No-Strings-Attached Consultations
All consultations are 100% free. Not sure you have a case? That's fine. We're happy to learn more about your situation and point you in the right direction. We go toe-to-toe with employers to get you the compensation you deserve.