Employment law sets the stage for how employers and employees interact, dealing with everything from wages to workplace safety. For workplaces, California has some of the most progressive and extensive employee protections of any state. Sadly, workplace inequities are still far too common, making San Francisco employment lawyers specializing in employment issues crucial to defending your rights. These experts have a deep understanding of employment litigation and are dedicated to defending employee rights.
Are you a victim of workplace wrongs such as discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour disputes, or wrongful termination? At King & Siegel LLP, we believe everyone has the right to a fair and equitable work environment. Our experienced attorneys have a track record of successful results and settlements and will work tirelessly to ensure your employer treats you fairly. Contact us today and take the first step toward achieving economic justice.
What Kind of Workplace Issues Can San Francisco Employment Lawyers at King & Siegel Help With?
Our San Francisco employment law attorneys are well-versed in all areas of employment law and can protect your rights from your first day at your first job to the day you retire. Here are just a few of the types of employment issues we handle:
- Workplace discrimination. We can help you understand your rights and aid in protecting them if you experience workplace discrimination or harassment because of your ethnicity, sex, age, disability, faith, or other protected classifications.
- Wage and hour disputes. Disputes regarding overdue overtime pay, breaches of minimum wage laws, denied break times, and incorrect employee classifications are just a few types of wage and hour issues we handle.
- Workplace safety violations. If you have workplace safety concerns, we can help ensure your employer complies with Cal/OSHA safety regulations and tackle issues concerning dangerous work conditions.
- Improper termination. Think your employer fired you unjustly? We can investigate whether your firing broke the law and what legal steps you can take to combat a wrongful termination.
- Employment contract matters. We can help draft, scrutinize, and negotiate employment contracts, including non-compete agreements, and settle any disputes arising from contract issues.
- Understanding leave laws. We can also clarify your family and medical leave rights, ensuring you understand your protections under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and California Family Rights Act (CFRA).
- Severance negotiations. Ready to quit? We can negotiate a severance package that meets your needs.
- Whistleblower protections. If you blew the whistle on company wrongdoing, we can help protect you from retaliation under the law.
Whether in court, mediation, arbitration, or administrative hearings, our skilled advocates have the skills to represent you in all areas of employment law. Contact us today to discuss your needs, and let us explain how we can help.
What California Laws Protect San Francisco Employees?
Federal laws and regulations and California and city codes protect San Francisco employees’s rights. Here are several central State laws and acts:
California Family Rights Act (CFRA),
Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), and
California Occupational Safety and Health Act (Cal/OSHA).
Federal laws include:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA),
Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRD), and
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
These and other laws protect wages, equal opportunities, employee benefits, bargaining and union rights, sick leave, and numerous other rights for all employees.
How Much Do San Francisco Employment Attorneys Cost?
Discussing fee structures with your potential lawyer before hiring them is essential. It’s also important to note that while fees are a significant consideration, they should not be the sole measure for selecting legal representation. The attorney’s track record, reputation, and communication abilities are equally critical to ensuring you receive stellar representation and maximizing your potential recovery.
That said, expenses associated with hiring employment lawyers in San Francisco can differ significantly. The lawyer’s experience level, your case’s complexity, and the lawyer or firm’s billing practices all affect the price. Some lawyers bill hourly, which typically ranges from $250 to $500, but can potentially be more. Alternatively, some lawyers prefer a flat fee arrangement for services. And still, other attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis.
A contingency fee means that the lawyer’s payment is contingent upon winning your case, and their fee is a percentage of the settlement or judgment. Additionally, lawyers who work on a contingency fee only collect compensation when they successfully resolve your case.
At King & Siegel, we only accept employment cases on a contingency basis, meaning you only pay for our time if we recover money for you. Contact us to discuss your needs and let one of our skilled attorneys answer all your fee-related questions.
King & Siegel LLP Will Fight Fiercely for Your Employment Rights
We believe everyone deserves to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and unfair treatment. That’s why our dedicated team of experts strives to ensure that employers treat every employee fairly and justly. We also believe that workers should have access to the same aggressive and skilled legal tactics commonly used by big companies. And we’re proud to offer unapparelled, bold, yet compassionate representation. With our extensive experience and passion for justice, we are committed to providing the best legal services available.
Our advocates have impressive track records. Many have graduated from the top five law schools, scored impeccable AVVO ratings, and been named Super Lawyers Rising Stars—just a few of their stellar accolades. More importantly, we’ve secured millions for clients who have suffered from their employers’s misconduct. You don’t have to put up with workplace injustices. Whether you want us to file a discrimination claim, review an employment contract, or help you understand your FMLA rights, we promise to provide compassionate, hard-hitting representation. Contact us today for a free consultation. You don’t pay unless we win.